Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Competencies for ID & T Professionals & Website Creation (EDT-5410, Wk. 11)

Reflection on Chapter 27
My strengths, as relate to ID & T are: my ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing; my customer service oriented comportment; needs assessment; planning (A-type personality…can’t escape planning!); and delivery. I am a life-long learner, so the research and continual improvement of professional knowledge is enjoyable to me. I have be

My foremost weakness pertaining to ID & T is design; as defined in Chapter 1, ADDIE, which states, “writing objectives in measurable terms.” When I earned my IT Project Management Certification the instant feedback from the computer-based test indicated that my weakest area was scope definition, which relates directly to writing objectives in measurable terms. I may understand the desired project outcomes, or learning objectives, but have difficulty transferring that into specific measurable segments. As I read about the ID process, these two areas manifested a direct correlation to one another. I have yet to pinpoint why this is difficult for me, especially considering the fact that I can compose other effective written communications in many other forms. I’m open to input here. I figure once I identify the obstacle I’ll be able to conquer it.

“Knowledge management solutions”, now there’s a mystery! Perhaps that’s a fancy term for some type of tracking program for training/skills of employees? Further research and discovery is definitely needed in this realm; I certainly cannot master a “competency” if I don’t understand what it is!

I would like to learn how to develop computer-based instruction; not at the programming/technical level, but more specifically how to transfer seminar-style training into CBT. Have any of you every tried the Video Professor program? It’s really quite comprehensive and effective, and is an example of what I’m referring to.

Website
As I am not a classroom teacher, my website will focus on technology and its infusion across different facets of daily life. I hope to have areas or entire pages dedicated to technology use for business (home or other), fun, and educational purposes.

Google pages made this surprisingly easy; I was able to link the second page to the first and back, as well as from the website to the blog and back. Now I just need to get more creative and add content and interest.

Link: http://bksmalla.googlepages.com/home (also in the upper left corner above my photo).

No comments: