Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Incorporating Various Media Types (EDT5410, Wk. 6)


Toledo Zoo, September 2, 2007

We had a great time visiting the zoo with our daughter! We watched this baby monkey for almost a half hour; s/he had just awoken from a nap and was full of playfulness.

I used the surpressed flash mode on my camera and got great photos through glass.

The baby giraffe had been sleeping in the grass and Mom and Dad were up close near the water, but as soon as baby started to stir from napping, Mom and Dad both quickly went to his/her side. As with all good parents, they are ever vigilent and watchful.

Did you know that if a Giraffe gets a "kink"/misallignment of the vertibrae in its neck (as humans often do) it can be fatal?



I use Picasa by Google to manage my photos on my computer and by simpling selecting a photo (or more than one) and clicking on the BlogThis option I was directed to my Blogger login page. Once logged in, I selected my desired layout and viola, I was in the blog edit mode.

Since I love kittens and cats, I chose the following video from YouTube.


And, last but not least...a map indicating the Toledo Zoo from maps.google.com


View Larger Map

Once I realized that Blogger has an "Edit HTML" tab that I must select BEFORE pasting the HTML code from the source page, embedding various media types was a snap.

Tip for beginners (myself included): to ward off frustration, save your blog between each step; that way if something doesn't come out just right, you can go back to the previous version. Also, preview you blog before publishing it.

And, now I'm taking Michael VanPutten's challenge and embedding a game! Mini golf anyone!?!



Play Games at AddictingGames

No comments: